Finance, Procurement & IT
It is the responsibility of both the Finance and IT Departments to provide effective and efficient accounting services for the Gobabis Municipality. A core function of accounting services is the collection of revenue for municipal services rendered to customers.
The Department consists of the following divisions:
- Billing and Revenue
- Cash Management and Statements
- Debts Management
- Costing and Budgeting
- Procurement and Creditors
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Divisions are responsible for the following:
Office of the Debtors Accountant:
- Responsible for the collection of debts.
- Disconnection of municipal services for nonpayment on accounts.
- Handling the payment arrangement as per the Credit Control Policy.
- Handling all inquires related to municipal accounts.
- Responsible for bank reconciliation.
Office of the Creditors Accountant:
- Responsible for procurement and store management.
- Responsible for payments to Creditors.
- Handling all inquires related to the Creditor’s Accounts.
- Responsible for the Asset Register.
Office of the Accounts Controller:
- Responsible for monthly billing system.
- Responsible for printing account statements.
- Mailing of account statements no later than 30th day of each month.
- Opening and closing of municipal accounts.
Office of the Information Communication Technology (ICT):
- Responsible for providing ICT solutions for the entire network system of the Council.
- Responsible for monitoring and reviewing data integrity.
- Ensuring that Council’s information systems are secured at all time.
- Responsible for back-up and disaster management systems.